As I am short on time today (and behind!!), here is a list of things that I am thankful for, genealogically speaking, this year:
1. Being able to interview and record both of my grandmother. I asked them questions over several days about their lives and their families. They graciously answered every question!
2. Making a genealogically related stop during a vacation to England this year. I was fortunate to see the burial sites of several ancestors in London.
3. Fixing a few major errors in my tree thanks to some newly accessible records on Ancestry.com.
4. Finding the parents of a ancestor who has been a brick wall for the past 10 years!
5. Locating the naturalization record of the father of the above mentioned brick wall ancestor.
6. Proving 2 new DAR ancestors.
It has been a wonderful year for genealogy, and I hope next year will be just as productive!